We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How ridiuclous can you get

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Evidently they are considering passing a law to ban teenagers carrying passengers who are not part of their family. How many thousands are still driving around texting and talking on their mobile this would be yet another unenforcable law

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Bullying a child into submission is a coward's way"

There is a vast difference between bullying, i.e. real violence, and gentle chastisement when normal reasoning has failed,which most people are referring to here.

I don't suppose I struck my son more than half a dozen times in his life, never anywhere but on the buttocks, never hard enough to mark the skin, and never hard enough to hurt. He already had so much respect, not fear, for me that the very fact that I did such a thing was enough to show him how upset I was.

That was not instilling fear but as much a part of my love for him as the hug he subsequently got when all was forgiven.

Perhaps we should forget the emotive language and recognize that while no-one is advocating violence against children, or anyone else for that matter (I don't even care to watch boxing) there are genuinely held differing fields of thought on this.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Bing.alau I think it is because you used ` at each end of text instead of ' or "

what do you think?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

This is the reason accident statistics are so bad enter link description here for younger people, I think a smack on the back of the forehead wouldn't have gone amiss with any of these.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Toys like these ... which are suitable for 3-year-olds and over

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/specialbuys327830.htm

... probably don't help matters :o[

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/specialbuys327830.htm

try the above link, please.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer