We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How ridiuclous can you get

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Evidently they are considering passing a law to ban teenagers carrying passengers who are not part of their family. How many thousands are still driving around texting and talking on their mobile this would be yet another unenforcable law

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I should point out to you that the quote you posted with namtas's name against it was in fact said by me.

WTM

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

WTM - but it was namtas that queried it. I happen to agree with you.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Just had a read at the First Page of posties to the thread. It just shows why we have the problems we have today, not just with the young but old alike. No seance of Moral code, its all gone out of the window. Youths ruling themselves, even when living in the Farther s house. Look's like there is no hope for most, in the not so far distant future

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

Sadly Woodchip I have to agree with you.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

fourm member if the lad is that stupid he could have killed his friend in any thing with 4 wheels and an engine.

The other day I was behind a woman in her fifties turning right at some traffic lights, the lights turned green and she drove straight into a car coming the other way driven by a young woman, so that's another statistic to show young drivers have more accidents.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

woodchip blame this and any government we have had in the last 30 years, as a parent you can not chastise any child in case you get done for child abuse.

Every child is now taught in school about "their" rights in society and how they can not be punished by a slap or smack by a parent and they are growing up with a total disrespect for any authority because they are under the impression that nothing can be done to them.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

carver fully agree

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

carver

Whilst I'm in broad agreement about a lack of discipline in the young nowadays, it's not the case that successive governments are to blame for it.

I've said it time and again in discussions of this nature, and here I am saying it again - children get a set of personal values from their parents. If parents neglect to teach their children about functioning as a responsible member of society, nobody will step in to do the job for them. The result will be people who have no respect for others,for authority, or for their environment - they will become dysfunctional adults to a greater or lesser degree.

Being a parent brings responsibilities which, if shirked, will have far-reaching consequences. If it happens on a grand enough scale the face of society will change, and that brings us neatly back to your point. it's not the government you should blame, it's the parents.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Forum Editor That is the first port of call, but it still does not stop the behavior of a lot. As they are under pear pressure and could not car less attitude to other. No matter how they are reared you still get bad apples

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

care not car, I need a extra finger

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...