We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This is better

Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Think a name change to Bally Sillycow is in order.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I just hope lord mcalpine doesnt settle out of court for an 'undisclosed sum, plus public apology'

The consumption of large helpings of humble pie are long overdue in those quarters.

WTM

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Couldn't happen to nicer people.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well you have to ask Is she guilty of spreading false rumours or does she and everyone else believe that what the BBC said was true.heaven forbid if you cannot believe what the BBC say where does that leave the rest of us.

Now she believed like the rest of us that the story was true,Does that mean that nobody can repeat what someone told them or they may also be sued for liable.

Nearly everyone in the country could be in trouble if that was the case.

If you repeat something that you were told or heard from a reliable source would it be your problem for repeating it or would the problem be strictly from the BBC for announcing it.

I never heard or read her tweet so I have no idea as to what was said, but if she said it believing it to be true and she got sued by lord whoever he was.Would she then be able to sue the BBC for giving out false information.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

The BBC didn't name the person they were alleging but they provoked a lot of speculation by leaving a vacuum.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I suppose it all comes down to what your mother told you years ago. "If you can't say anything nice about a person, then don't say anything".

(That's why I never say anything nice about Brumas).

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

In Glasgow, if you personally speak 'ill-will' to someone [ie. a stranger perhaps], and call them all the names 'under the SUN' (OUR STAR), then that seals an intangible friendship ... which never will be forgotten or put asunder!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau " A thick skin is a gift from God" Konrad Adenauer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - "Now she believed like the rest of us that the story was true".

Don't include me in the rest of us. I prefer some evidence to go with a story.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

Other reports say the lawyer is giving people the chance to apologise or receive a claim

Other reports that I read say the lawyer is giving people the chance to apologise and make an offer of compensation

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...