We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What a difference a couple of days make!!!

canarieslover

Likes # 0

My wife wanted a new vacuum cleaner (for me to use) and fancied the Dyson with a ball so I looked on the net and cheapest for DC24 were Argos. I ordered it Sunday evening and picked it up on Monday. Imagine my surprise today when I see Argos advert in the paper for vacuum cleaners at 'up to half price'. Thinking I should have waited a few days I checked the DC24 price and found that it had risen £30 since Monday. Pat on the back for me from the wife, but its still me that will have to use it. Retirement isn't all its cracked up to be!!

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

fourm member

Wife appreciated your sense of humour but reckons I need the exercise if I'm to live to a ripe old age.

Like this post
SeiyaIkki

Likes # 0

Well, that sucks... the same thing happened to me a few years ago... I bought a laptop and a few days later e was on sale.... it hurt

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I've got a Dyson DC24. Super machine and so much easier to shove about than the old heavy Electrolux. Very light and manouverable and picks up cat hairs beautifully.

The last dew weeks for me have seen the fridge freezer packing up, the microwave blowing out all the circuit breakers, and two days ago the washing machine suddenly sounding like it was washing a bucket of bricks, all of which necessitated having to buy new ones. My local Euronics dealer is doing very well out of me, mainly because they deliver and install rapidly, on the same day with the fridge/freezer and next day for the washing machine, and dispose of the old appliances for free.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Wife caught me using a vacuum cleaner at work a few years ago.

Now I'm self employed, and when not off working, she gives me no excuse not to use one at home, constantly reminding me - she knows I know how to us one :0)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I would go for any vacuum cleaner other than a Dyson. They are not all they are cracked up to be. I bought my last cleaner from Makro for about £39.00. it's been brilliant. 25 years ago.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

I must agree that we have had vacuum cleaners that I reckon picked up better. Does anybody remember the old Rolls washing machines, from the 60's, where they gave away a cylinder vacuum cleaner as an incentive to buy? We bought the cleaner off someone who had bought the washing machine and it lasted much better than their washing machine. It was so powerful that it would lift the lino off the floor. Even after we had replaced it for indoor use it still done the hard work in the shed and garage for many years afterwards and only needed a new set of brushes once in 20 years.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Well, that sucks...

Quite. That's why they bought it!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Put a FWO Dyson Ball DC 24 out by the gate on Saturday, with a "Help Yourself" notice.

Much too heavy and not that efficient.

We do have a robot cleaner, absolute magic.

Would replace it tomorrow if it packed up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014