We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's PCC election day today!

WhiteTruckMan
Resolved

Likes # 0

Wow! (yawn). Certainly one of the most low key elections that I can recall in this country. The media dont seem to be giving it much attention. I can't help but wonder if that is cause or effect.

And I still dont knbow if I'm even going to vote, let alone who for!

WTM

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I've looked at the online literature, and theres very little difference between the candidates here too. If I do vote it will be for the ukip candidate. Not because I have any strong feeling towards him, more like a natural sympathy for anyone trying to beat the big party lines.

Having said that, the big choice for me is whether to vote or not.

Decisions, decisions.

WTM

(and yes, I do know that there are places where people are dying for the right to vote. While respecting that, I will not be guited into voting)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I'm spotting a theme here

very low information from the candidates.

get the feeling they don't want us to vote, if so who benefits if the turn out is so low. the one with the largest family to vote for them?

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Not so much the largest family as the party faithful. Those are the ones who would vote for a donkey if you stuck the correctly coloured rosette on it.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"More front line officers

Zero tolerance to knife and gun crime

Get police and local communities working together

Protect people from domestic violence and rape"

Anyone in Scotland will recognise that as Alex Sakmond;s election manifesto!

I suspect it also appeared in many English ones!

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I will vote for the independent candidate although I doubt he'll be elected!

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

There has been very little information round here too, other than a couple of 2 minute radio/TV interviews with each of the four candidates. I have voted, because I think it is wrong not to and also gives me a better right to moan should I not agree with things. I have chosen the independent candidate who also happens to be a time served (30 years) ex-police officer, at least he should have an idea what is required even if he is not able to implement it due to financial and political constraints. According to the polling station staff very few people have turned out.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

My local paper did a poll of 143 people.

25% said they intended to vote

3% said they knew who the candidates were.

One polling station reported that just 20 people had voted up till 2.30pm

The turnout is predicted to be about 12% over the region

Hardly representative

Its got to be the biggest Non Event of the year.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...