We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UK's economic problems solved

Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

Just lend the Bank of England a few hundred billion and claim the interest.

Lent £350 billion,for quantitative easing, treasury gets £35 billion in interest. Just lend them more.

http://news.sky.com/story/1009436/treasury-gets-35bn-windfall-from-qe-interest

Can I become chancelor of the exchequer?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

This is just money going round and round. It does nobody any harm.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

'It does nobody any harm.'

Nor until the money go round stalls, then it's a tulips from Amsterdam crash.

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

It doesn't do savers, or anyone with a pension any favours, as it suppresses interest rates, reducing possible returns.

I do worry about the long term affects of theses short term fixes. If you increase the money supply, you must devalue the assets of everyone in the country. It's parasitic, rather like short term stock traders. Taking value, while providing little or nothing in return. Do it enough times and the people providing services, or manufacturing cant sustain the drain and everything will come tumbling down.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

"£35 billion" I Don't call that going round and round, Somebody as got to pick up the bill. That being the Tax Payer

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Isn't that similar to how a Ponzi scheme works?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Where do you think Banks get there loot from? They only pay out when there arms are twisted. It's such as share Holders and the above where Current account interest goes. instead of them paying the account holders on what they keep in there bank. Banks was Bailed out by the Taxpayer in the first place, they being too greedy lending Mortgages to those who could not afford it among other things, Selling PPI without asking people. It's only the Gov that's picked up on that and making them pay it back

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS the era I was brought up in, I was told if you could not afford it, it should be left on the Shelve, And if you had to start checking if you could afford it the answer was you could not

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...