We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Farewell Clive - RIP.

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Clive Dunn, dies aged 92 ... yet another OLD TROOPER sadly gone. RIP, Dads Army will never be the same again!

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

They don't like it up 'em, Sir.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

As soon as i read Clive-RIP i imagined it was Clive Dunn and i imagine that he is regaling them (up there ?) about his adventures in the Sudan.Terrific characterisation of an old soldier from a gentleman.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

They don't make 'em like that any more. A tremendous character actor.

I have the Box Set and still get a laugh from the old time comedy show.

My Father-in-Law was a Major in the Home Guard - not at all like Captain Mannering but ....................

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's a tribute to his acting skill that he was one of the younger members of the cast of Dad's Army but played one of the oldest.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

In real life, Clive was a P.O.W. in Austria, for 4 years, during the war [he worked in the Tank regiment] ... the Beeb played a voice clip from 'Desert Island Discs' from 1971, this afternoon, when Clive was interviewed by Roy Plumley.

Goodbye Clive.

Like this post  
Al94

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

A194

I had not seen/heard that before - Thanks for the clip!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

One of the most inspirational people of a generation. Greatly missed but a very funny man, Grandad and a man with a lot of fun. reache out to many and will be missed, many will know him by his shows

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer