We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Road Charges Toll Roads

woodchip

Likes # 0

Toll Charges mostly round London but where next?

Click Hear

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

This system has been operating well in Ireland for many years now. It is quite easy to pre register your vehicle so that tolls are automatically charged to preferred credit card or bank account when recognised by anpr camera. Alternatively you have a set period of time to pay after using a toll section. Quite simple in reality.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

Thank you for that.

It is a long time since I was in Central London, and I often wondered how one would pay for a one off journey, or if one got lost and entered the zone without intending to.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Personally there are other things I would do first. Do away with the Car Tax completely and put the cost on to fuel. That way the polluter pays and those that drive most pay most. Replace the present Tax Disk with a Disk which shows that the car is Insured and has a current MOT so the traffic wardens can do their jobs more effectively. There are too many uninsured and non roadworthy cars on the road and only the Police can spot them. This sort of thing is done in other countries so the technology is surely there.

But at the end of the day it is all about getting more taxes in so the treasury will probably call the shots on this one.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

fourm member

You of all people should know that any cost cutting measure actually achieves the opposite

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

fourm member

OK - tell me how the Government will introduce the IT necessary for this within budget considering companies like Capita will be involved.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

fourm member

You might as well be, because he hasn't got a clue

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...