We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No more Mr Nice Guy

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

For 2 years niw I have asked requested pleaded and even begged the Government to do something to find the un/mis diagnosed sufferers of my condition add to inform the whole of the medical proffession of it's exsistance and how seriuos it is. The DOH won't eve send out one e-mail to every Trust Hospital surgery and clinic in the land despite me offering to pay the cost of one person doing it. Now it's time to play hardball. I haven't read a newspaper in over 3 years so I need to know which is the most virulent anti- government out their because I have a story that#s going to make a lot of people angry.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Suggest you also contact TV. Panorama or Watchdog might be interested.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Already sent worldwide awarenss campaign to panorama hadn't thought of watchdog

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have had a bit of trouble with my local health board and discovered that integrity and honesty play no part in the well paid bureaucracy that exists within my health board.

I discovered,after 3 years of digging, using the Freedom of Information act and cultivating contacts that my local health boards complaints department had not carried out a full and proper investigation of my complaint in to treatment for cancer,that because of delays and mistakes have left me permanently impaired. I also discovered that the lack of professional competence had been going on for some time so I would imagine that many people would have had the same poor service that I had had and thought that this should be exposed.

To cut this story short I wrote to my local paper and a national paper, I did not get as much as an acknowledgement. So I would not put to much faith in the papers coming to your aid. Perhaps if you were related to a "celebrity" even a Z lister will do, you might have better luck.

You can also forget about so called independent bodies, such as ombudsmen as they tend to be worse than useless,in fact in my case the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman said that as there were changes in the pipeline for the complaints department he felt that it would not help by rocking the boat as this time.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Interestingly, you haven't mentioned the name of your condition.

What is it that you have?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You need to understand that Newspapers and TV companies get approaches like this on a regular basis, as do various government departments.

That isn't a reason for not pursuing your chosen course of action, but perhaps it would be an idea to think about how you set about it. Your approach needs to be as professional as you can make it. Forget about home-produced videos etc., and concentrate on a properly written, thoroughly researched .

If you quote statistics make sure they can be verified, and provide attributions. Keep the language calm and unemotional - you're talking to hard-bitten professionals who have heard it all before. Don't waste time with criticisms of the NHS and the medical profession in general - it will not win you any friends. Medical professionals in particular are inundated with paper from all kinds of sources.

Avoid the 'time to play hardball' attitude, it will get you nowhere, neither will attacks on the government. When you want to get results you do it by engaging with people, not by vilifying them.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

wee eddie, Kevscar1 has RSD. It is excruciatingly painful and then some.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Daily Mail is probably favourite, they absolutely hate good news stories, so yours is perfect

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

It's not about me it's about the fact that they have known for 2 years that the slightest trauma something as trivial as a sprained wrist or a twisted ankle can cause this. Yet they have refused to tell anyone and that includes the group who are most likely to suffer trauma.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

The potential for RSD to arise from trivial injuries seems to have been documented for some time http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/rsd.shtml It must be excruciating to suffer from and you have my sympathy but as FE has said, you will need facts and verifiable stastics.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I'm sure you are already aware of these links http://www.rsdalert.co.uk/help-groups/help-groups.htm

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...