We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

confused by coverage of the US elections

passing through

Likes # 0

Could someone enlighten me why the BBC1, ITV, BBC news 24 and Sky news are transmitting the US election results from 10pm this evening, i.e. 6/11/2012.

Surely at 10pm, it is 5pm Washington time and 3pm on the west coast ( I think). Now don't they have around a further 6 hours of voting time before the polls shut.

Do they, the news channels, have hours and hours of speculation, are the votes already cast released to give indications or would it be more feasible for them to broadcast at 10am the following morning.

I know the United States Presidential election is important to us and I am looking forward to the outcome but I will not be watching all night for what seems a lot of waffle.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert