We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

police commissioner elections

passing through

Likes # 0

Do you think it is a good idea to have a commissioner of police instead of the old police authority. If the correct person is voted in, will they have the teeth and inclination to force chief constables to there way of thinking.

Or will you not be voting.

With a bit of luck our local candidate will sail in. http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Lord-Prescott-odds-favourite-PCC-role/story-17222944-detail/story.html

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

The official government figure was £75 million but she was bound to exaggerate as she's in the opposition. Had she been a Tory/Libdem it would have been £50 million well spent!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Does he really think we are all that stupid?

think, no, hope, yes.

WTM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

yes ... David Cameron thinks we are stupid.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fm - what's the point of remembering the 16th?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fm ... you are out on a limb, like this Tory coalition-led excuse for a UK government.Scotland should distance itself from this English silliness forthwith in 2014.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Clearly the turnout makes a bit of a mockery of the notion that the commissioners represent the public. Mind you it is not all bad - at least Lord John Prescott did not get in!

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'Lord John Prescott did not get in!'

Result!!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Loud cheers That would have been a step too far, in my opinion.

However, looking at the results in so far, it's beginning to look a lot like the the two big parties have pretty much stitched things up between them.

I have noticed that ukip seem to be doing better than the libdems though.

WTM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If I lived in England ... the newly elected Police Commissioner of/in my town would have to wear a Police uniform, so as we can see who these appointed people are in real flesh ... naievity wears thin when believabilty is stretched to the limits of most 'real' people's acceptance of governmental's poor governance.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Loud cheers That would have been a step too far, in my opinion.

However, looking at the results in so far, it's beginning to look a lot like the the two big parties have pretty much stitched things up between them.

I have noticed that ukip seem to be doing better than the libdems though.

WTM

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...