We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Good Looking Nuisance Flogging Laptops?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Every time I come on to this site now I get a handsome salesman trying to flog laptops. How do I get rid of him? I've got a feeling it's not going to be easy. He keeps popping up in the top right hand corner of my screen.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Once you've purchased one, he'll move on to the extended warranty.........and then the virus protection...........and then the bag........and th

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Sorry, no personal offence intended but it's most irritating and an invasion, frankly, when ads come with sound. I've said it before...

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Just use an ad blocker, I'm using Chrome with adblock and I never see any of these intrusive ads.

And before somebody says it, I know all the well worn arguments about the site not being able to survive without ads, but when said ads have such a detrimental effect on the users browsing experience, what can you expect?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I think this salesman is a pal of our FE. So be careful what you say.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I have Ad Blocker but he seems to have a way round it. Pity we couldn't throw darts at it as I need the practice ;-)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What advert? My anti-banner must block it.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Pity there can't be a system whereby after you've clicked on it once it disappears.

That way the advertiser, and PCA, gets the result intended, and the punters don't get too frustrated.

Incidentally, I don't get the one complained of here, but I don't use adblockers.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I think he introduces himself as Matt Egan whose name rings a bell from these Forums!

TonyV

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

TonyV.

That's why I mentioned being careful as he is a friend of our FE. Who knows, the next advert might be one by our FE himself?...

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

I thought that was what you meant. I haven't said anything untoward yet so I should be getting any black marks! But it's a nice Office/Pub he has set himself up in though!!

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......