We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Weather Today

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know that this topic might lead to global warming as today has been very strange weather-wise. Started off by being bright and sunny in the morning, changed to heavy cloud and rain in the afternoon. By late afternoon we had hailstones. Now we're having thunder and lightning. Never known (or I can't remember) such variations in a single day.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 1

Yes the season is definitely changing at the moment. Temperature down to a miserable 29 degrees today and a chill in the air as the local girls are now beginning to wear tops with long sleeves. Ah well you can't have everything.

I spent ages last night trying to explain to locals what hailstones were as many had never seen them before especially during a football match.

Can't wait to see a picture of HB inside his Glasgow pub wearing what I presume to be from its description an Andes hat.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It depends where you live. I rarely get a day of the same weather.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

A light dusting of snow, and trains and buses are cancelled, cars abandoned, and no doubt some people started laying in food supplies.

We really haven't much of a clue when it comes to coping with bad weather.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. I'm sure I just heard the announcer say that there were 3 inches of snow in places. Some scenes of children making snowballs and of cars being stopped from using a certain road. So it must have been more than a dusting in places.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"So it must have been more than a dusting in places."

But that's the point.

Three inches is little more that a dusting.

Once again it's the "disaster creepback" by the press and TV, where every unseasonal shower is a tropical downpour, and a light frost is the country paralysed with black ice.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Parts of Somerset had up to six inches of snow this morning (hardly a light dusting) which wasn't forecast therefore the authorities hadn't done a lot of gritting. There are now flood warnings in force thisisSomerset

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... the clip-on snow / ice grips (also on sale at Lidl) [with steel studs] to fit over your shoes also caught my eye, but only went up to size 11 ... why can't they (Lidl) go the extra half inch?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee. Is that why you live in Glasgow? So you can have your boots made in the shipyard... I don't know why I am commenting on it, because I used to take size nines, now I take ten and a half. But I have also lost five inches in height as I have grown older, so I can only think I am gradually sliding down in to my boots.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee.

Why don't you try the biggest on? They stretch to pull on and you just might make it, even if they are tight and don't last as long.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau ... if I'm lucky enough to get to your age, I reckon I'll be on size 19's ;o]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features