We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Weather Today

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know that this topic might lead to global warming as today has been very strange weather-wise. Started off by being bright and sunny in the morning, changed to heavy cloud and rain in the afternoon. By late afternoon we had hailstones. Now we're having thunder and lightning. Never known (or I can't remember) such variations in a single day.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You've never been to the Western Isles then :0)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No, I haven't Fruit Bat /\0/. That kind of weather there is the norm?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I purchased a nice piece of lightwear ski-headgear from Lidl today ... it protects the head, ears, cheeks, chin and neck from sub-zero temperatures ... it's better to be prepared ;o]

Like this post
Wes.Clox

Likes # 0

Will you be wearing it when you pop out to your favorite Glaswegian pub?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/pub-boss-baffled-as-he-is-reported-to-police-1413829

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

Yes. I saw that. Strange how the woindows are boardered up, is this normal for Glasgow pubs?

boardered up pub

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Richard.Sole and N47. , thank you for your strenuous efforts to reply (pertaining to the topic) and being able to supply links as well. Must have been particularly hard for you. Your efforts are appreciated.

Like this post
Wes.Clox

Likes # 0

Well it was dark when I got up, then it lightened up. It was dry for a while and then started to rain. Then the sun came out and we had a bit of sleet. The wind speed increased which blew the sleet away and brought the rain back. At mid afternoon we had sunshine again and by teatime it started to get dark again. We then had a selection of fireworks lightening up the sky on a clear evening, the moon was clearly visible with the backdrop of dying fires flickering in the distance.

The outlook for tomorrow is very mixed. It could be dark first thing, but lightening up later, around breakfast time. We can expect showers and sunshine in the morning but clouding over in the afternoon with the chance of the odd wintery shower or rain. The out look for the evening is that the sunshine will decrease and it will become so overcast it will become dark and the moon may come out, if the clouds keep away.

So there you have it. Quite a mixed bag of weather, Must be because the earths axis is tilting away from the sun and causing varied weather conditions.

Like this post
pabby

Likes # 0

Now we're having thunder and lightning.

Er Fireworks?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Tilting of the axis has always caused changes in the weather. What is unusual, in my experience, is to have such drastic changes in a 12 hour period.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

pabby Er no.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer