We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Following the recent launches, my next smartphone will be:

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Following the recent launches, we want to know what you next smartphone will be:

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Following the recent launches, my next smartphone will be:

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Wish there was a not sure box. W8 phones haven't been round long enough. Contracts for iphones tend to be more expensive. I may not get a free upgrade with the phone I want and the contract may be too much. I will choose on what I can afford and what is available which I like. It will not be a Blackberry but I'm open to Windows, Apple or Android.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

The Nokia 920 goes on sale here on the 4th and I'll certainly be going for a look and hopefully a play around. Might be a bit pricey here for a while so I'll be looking at prices elsewhere to see if and when it comes down. Met an American last night who had one and she simply loved it. The quality of its photos was fantastic even in the dim light round the pool tables. Certainly better than all the other phone cameras used in the same conditions.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've a few choices for my next phone, all but one are Android phones. I've no tie to the OS, but the best phones seem to be running it at the moment

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I'm not sure what constitutes a "smartphone". I have a mobile phone which I pay Virgin £8 approximately per month. I use it to make calls in my car, so I know it has Bluetooth. It also has a camera, and I can text from it. That's about all I will ever use it for, but I do believe it may also have access to the WWW. Does any of these things mean it is a smartphone?

All these new fangled names which keep cropping up baffle me.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

I'm sure you're not the only one who is baffled, and the bad news is that there's really no official definition for the word 'Smartphone'.

The term is commonly applied to those phones that have more advanced features than plain mobile calling and texting phones - Smartphones will have things like touch-screens, Internet connectivity, wireless capabilities, computing capabilities etc.

Your phone sounds pretty smart, but perhaps not as smart as some of these

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

.........Not bought from comet.

WTM

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Much too early to tell.

My Galaxy Nite is less than six months old, By the time I am ready to replace 9it the market will have changed radically.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. Well, thank God for that. In that case I will stick with what I already have more or less. I obviously do not need one that connects to the internet or a touch screen. As long as I can call or receive on my car's hands free Bluetooth (another word I can't make head nor tail of by the way) system and send the occasional text that will suit me.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

From Wikipedia:

The word "Bluetooth" is an anglicised version of the Scandinavian Blåtand/Blåtann, the epithet of the tenth-century king Harald I of Denmark and parts of Norway who united dissonant Danish tribes into a single kingdom.

I think the idea is that Bluetooth units devices from different manufacturers

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

alan14 - I'm out on a tangent here ... bluetooth technology will be able to connect my Amigas to my PC's ...after 25 years in the attic! [Thanks to Amiga Forever]

Back to the question in hand; My tocca lite mobile phone is looking a little 'rough around the edges' so I will probably plump for a Samsung Galaxy 3 in the New Year sales.(and only if it matches the £8.68 a month, I pay, at the moment).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?