We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Cara2

Likes # 0

Plenty of Hotels to choose from - too many almost. Can any recommend a particular favourite please, fairly near The Royal Albert?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Cara2. I always thought London cabbies are able to find anywhere you ask for. So if you still have the name of the place and time to spare, on one of the other days, why not treat yourself again?

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - you motivated me to find out where it was. I am laughing as I have looked back to find the thread and it was 2008 - Da Mario's in Endell street! Unbelievable as it seems like yesterday.

Four years on, I do not know what the current situation is for the restaurant, but I will look on Trip Advisor and if good reports and in the area, would certainly return.

I am also struck how comprehensive 'my posts' section is. It is amazing to look back on the different posts I have either commented on or the issues the concerned me enough to start threads on. I do so wish all my posts from the outset could be amalgamated but I do take onboard the recent comment made by FE about the recent database problems.

Now off to trip advisor ....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Da Mario is still just as good as when you were last there. Someone in our family works just around the corner, and we nip into Da Mario from time to time.

It's an unpretentious place,with decent food and a friendly atmosphere. You'll find better restaurants, but Da Mario is just right if you want a good meal at reasonable prices.

Signor Sassi is on a whole different level, but it's also more expensive. Eat their Tagliolini Con Granchio and you'll think you're in heaven.

Have a great trip, wherever you eat.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK