We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hotel near Royal Albert Hall

Cara2

Likes # 0

Plenty of Hotels to choose from - too many almost. Can any recommend a particular favourite please, fairly near The Royal Albert?

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

I took the old girl to http://www.millenniumhotels.co.uk/millenniummayfair/?s_kwcid=TC|14121|millennium%20hotel%20london%20mayfair||S|e|17590449613 for our 40th wedding aniversary. It was just about a £15 taxi ride from the Royal Albert Hall. We stayed 4 nights. Breakfast was good and the one occasion we had dinner it was superb. Handy for the shows and some good restaurants within walking distance.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You don't mention a price range, but on the assumption that you want something fairly reasonable I would recommend This hotel

I've stayed there a few times, and was very comfortable.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

My nephew and his wife stayed at The Lancaster Gate a few weeks ago and were very pleased with it.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Find the nearest "Lenny Henry" Hotel, They are what it says on the tin.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks for suggestions. I should have mentioned my budget, of course.

I am looking for a 'nice' hotel as I shall be, hopefully, quite glamed up for The Royal Variety Show at the Royal Albert Hall.

The ones I am now considering are Royal Park Hotel, Thistle Kensington and Ashburn Hotel.

Decisions, decisions .....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"The ones I am now considering are Royal Park Hotel, Thistle Kensington and Ashburn Hotel."

In which case I recommend the Royal Park. I haven't stayed there, but I've been there twice for meetings - you'll like it, I'm sure. I didn't mention it earlier because of the uncertainty about your budget.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Okay, ended up booking ParkCity Hotel as just around the corner from the hotel from where friends are staying (Cromwell Road). Thanks ever so for all the recommendations though.

Now ... somewhere to eat, probably near Royal Albert hall. Last time FE recommended an Italian near Covent Garden which was a great success! Anyone any suggestions for this visit?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Get a taxi to the same place?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

How much do you want to spend?

If it's a night for a treat, and you like superb Italian cooking with a wonderful atmosphere eat here. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for something with a laid-back atmosphere and a smaller bill with a British flavour I can recommend this

Of the two restaurants the first will feel far more 'special' for an evening out at the Albert Hall, but both are very good, and both are a three minute cab ride from the hall.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - we will have a very tight schedule (theatre doors open for show at 5.30 pm), so will be fairly pushed for time. However, we are there for 2 days so you never know (if we could find it again!)

FE - yum, yum but think, certainly for the first one - massively expensive! Will try the suggestion on my other half though :).

Will let you know how the trip turns out.

Thanks for replies.

Cara

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia