We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anybody Buying The New Kindle Paperwhite?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just been browsing the information on the new Kindle Paperwhite. I have decided I am better off sticking with the normal Kindle I have already got, because the new one doesn't have audio for a start. It seems in the battle to get thinner and have a reduction in weight they have sacrificed other things.

No doubt our FE has also been tempted but I think he also will have decided against upgrading (in my opinion downgrading)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

johndrew

"are you saying that books on Kindle are compatible with other readers and PCs?"

You can read Kindle books on all kinds of devices including PCs

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Given the number of free books on Amazon I find that fact very interesting. Presumably download the Application(s) required and as many free books as you want?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

johndrew

ebook downloads from Amazon are in their own AKW format, which can be read in Kindles, and devices running the Kindle software. The books are linked you your Amazon account, which is used to verify the book in the kindle software.

You can't load the kindle books into another brand of reader without first converting it using software like Calibre.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Yes as many free books as you want.

As well as out of copy rite books, some books by new and established authors, plus books at low cost (less than a pound).

Plenty to keep you going.

My e-book library contains about 800 books, I've paid less than a tenner for them so far

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"You can read Kindle books on all kinds of devices including PCs"

Ans Android phones.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Just bought my wife the Kindle Fire hd. Excellent images

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

There's a full list (including Android phones) of suitable devices on the link I posted earlier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...