We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is the site getting better ot worse

mole1944

Likes # 0

Just lately i find this site splutters and jumps all over the place,i'm on ie9,is it me my machine or the site.Even replying to a post is now getting to be more trouble than it's worth. Sorry to moan but things do seem to getting worse,i've noticed some of the quieries seem very old and are on the top of the pile in each section.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I've just downloaded Chrome to try.

I tried coming into this thread by clicking on Strawballs last entry, but the site took me to Moles opening post with no other entries visible. Tried again with the same results so third attempt had to join at the start and then go to the last page.

I have had the same issue with IE9.

The most annoying problem for me though is where the words I type don't appear on the screen for up to 30 seconds or so later.

Not had the page freezing thus far with Chrome or the long script error that seems an issue with IE9 on many sites recently.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I frequently get a server error message on the tab in IE9 as the page is loading.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I just clicked Al94's last post and came straight to the last page using Chrome

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

By way of an update I have my laptop with me at my local bar and it is working like greased lightning. I actually brought it for someone to have a look at but after it needed to download an update for Avast for Windows 8 it just seemed to work ever so well. Hopefully when I get back home it will still be working but if not maybe the problem lies with my service provider although having said that everything else works OK with them.

Very confusing.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Been getting the tomcat server error a bit this afternoon! Hope things aren't starting to come apart again!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

Final update. I had another friend look at my laptop tonight and he changed several settings in my wi-fi connection to my main broadband user and the site is now working perfectly.

It seemed to work well everywhere except in my apartment which clearly was not right. Sorry about casting aspirations but it is so easy to do when things are not going right.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The forums are very quiet this evening.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

Thank you for the update. I'm pleased to learn that all seems well at your end now.

As you say, when things don't go right we all tend to look around for someone to blame - it's part of the human condition.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

The site is running very poorly again this weekin IE10.

Server error appears initially in the tab on every visit, page then loads but freezes for a few seconds while Nissan ad loads.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Apart from the occasional weekend glitch, I think it is getting better - I don't have anywhere near the amount of problems from a few months, or more, ago.

But why do glitches always happen at weekends??

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK