We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

You get an extra hour in bed tomorrow

WhiteTruckMan
Resolved

Likes # 0

So please use that time wisely!

(and dont forget to put your clocks back too!)

WTM

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

WTM Yes and I have already altered my main clocks and am going to bed early as well. For some reason I am tired as hell tonight. I wonder if the cold weather has anything to do with it? Thanks for the reminder anyway, I might well have forgotten. I seem to forget a lot of things these days.

Like this post  
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I seem to forget a lot of things these days

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

Repeat as necessary.

WTM

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

WTM. As long as I keep doing that I will still be alive I suppose.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

No extra hour here. Russians have given up with faffing with the clocks twice year and is on permanent summertime now (as well as abolishing various timezones altogether)...that said, there appeared to be some confusion as the bill that introduced the changes was recalled recently. The government confirmed YESTERDAY that the clocks would not change!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Didn't get the hour in bed - forgot to re-program the mutt!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

wiz-king

I know what you mean. I forgot to reprogram my bladder!

WTM

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I didn't get the extra hour either. In fact it will work the opposite way for me as today's football doesn't start until 11pm rather than 10pm and European Championship games are a nightmare altogether.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

The annual Parliamentary utterances about GMT,BST and even DBST seem not to have been aired this time around............. As usual for my domain where the other half an obsessive gardener, insists on keeping some clocks as they are while she readjusts her days bit by bit.

We have a clock radio each side of the bed. A mite difficult when waking, to decide which way I'm lying before reading the clock. My side has changed itself of course, her side with ancient device will remain an hour fast until she tells me otherwise.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Good Morning everybody, Yes I put my clocks back but decided only to have a half hour extra in bed this morning and the other half tomorrow morning. In fact I might extend that ritual through the week until I am having a few extra hours kip. It's great when you're retired and don't have to conform.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"as well as abolishing various timezones altogether"

How does that work in a country that size?

Does Vladivostok keep Moscow time?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow