We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 753

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

I doubt this very busy level crossing is extant, if it were it would be hardly practical in a modern day rush hour!

click here

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Well, it's not the Western region, the signal is wrong.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Closer look at the signal, it's a Midland region signal post, sad I know.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thought I would be out tonight but my relatives have flu. Rahway Bell (sign at top of LH building)seems to be in New Jersey USA but that cannot be, surely?

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan It is in Blighty old pal.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I'm going to take a guess at this, George Lane Station South Woodford?

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

jb I was just going to have a quick look and apologise for your absence. Nice to see you have made it and there's no sign of jock1e yet. Could be ominous of course, he's maybe holding back to see how things go before leaping in and scoring. I think I will have a look now and see if I can recognise it. If not then I am off to bed as I did a bit of night clubbing last night.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Could it be an overhead railway as the one we used to have in Liverpool running the length of the docks? It doesn't look like Liverpool overhead railway to me, but certainly looks higher than normal.

Like this post
asmara0208

Likes # 0

Reckon Octal's right. Well done

Like this post
asmara0208

Likes # 0

Found this 4th photo

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I know the pub, it is still there, the station is now South Woodford Underground station, it was formally the GNER, just a bit of useless information.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......