We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Admiralty Arch to open as a hotel

pabby

Likes # 0

A Spanish hotel developer paid £60 million to buy it. Would you spend £850 for a night there. Should it have been sold, are we going to sell all our National treasures to overseas buyers?

So many questions, so little time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2223423/Londons-Admiralty-Arch-open-luxury-hotel-Spanish-developer-spends-60m.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Ideal MPs' London apartment block!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

alan14

"I wouldn't pay £500, £728 or indeed £850 a night for a hotel. That's roughly 3 weeks take-home pay, so it's just not going to happen..."

Of course it's not, but the hotel will not be aimed at you. There's no shortage of people who can and will pay that kind of money however, and I think the hotel will attract them. It's a superb location, and a very beautiful building.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

The original post asked Would you spend £850 for a night there so I was simply answering the question

When I stay in London I usually stay at the Premier Inn near The Globe...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The commissionaires will look quite splendid if they wear an 18th century admirals garb.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam,

that brings back hurtful memories of my childhood. We were so poor my mother used to buy our clothes from the Army & Navy Stores - it was no fun going to school dressed as.......etc. etc. ;o}}

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Perhaps one would need to be very careful what one did in your room as I believe AA was also used by MI5 as a listening and observation post or am I not supposed to know that ;-)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I believe AA was also used by MI5 as a listening and observation post or am I not supposed to know that ;-)"

I could tell you more, but if I did I would have to kill you.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I vaguely recall marching under there in my younger days. It was one of several ceremonial routelinings I did. We used to form up on parade on horse guards parade, marched out onto whitehall, then did a left and left again.

However, in all honesty I wasnt paying much attention to my surroundings, I was more concerned with counting my paces once we switched from column of threes to two's, and the monumental wrath of the WO1 which would descend on us from a great height should we stuff up in front of the public.

Sprry for the slight digression, merely taking a diversion down memory lane to avoid the roadworks.

WTM

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...