We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not a Favourite Hallowe'en Activity.

morddwyd

Likes # 0

It's that time of year when bowel screening kits drop through the door.

I know it's for my own good, but I must confess out of all the old established Hallowe'en traditions, catching poo on a lolly stick is not top of my list of favourites.

Still, look on the bright side, in addition to getting a free TV licence at 75 I also can't get bowel cancer (screening stops at 74!).

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I also can't get bowel cancer ...........

Hmm,don't wanna be a doom merchant in any way, but at 77 I have just been found to have colon cancer, fortunately in very earliest stage - hospital next Thursday to have it removed!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I've found the test-kit a dawdle to use [being a 2 time user] ... the colder ambient temperatures [at halloween] must keep the 'little brown spots' on their postal journey to the labs ... fresher ... longer.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Having just returned to Thailand after almost two years I am catching up with many old and not so old friends. Most of the news has been good but some not so good like a fellow pool league player who decided jumping from a high building was more preferable to life.

I also received a note from a friend of the same age as me telling me he has stage 3 cancer of the bowel. I knew he was ill but I never realised just how bad.

I can assure you that the lollipop stick is the much better option. Use it while you can.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

At what age does bowel cancer screening start?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would gladly ditch my TV(s) and donate the yearly TV Licence Fee to the Fight Against Bowel Cancer ... £145 per person's life is 'Cheap as chips'.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees ....

Age 60 and over!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I was self-screened for bowel cancer at the age of 54 and again at 56; Scotland has a better health system than England & Wales.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek, twelve years to go!

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Aitchbee and I would gladly ditch my RSD for Bowel cancer. For every £50 donated to Cancer Research less than 1p is donate to RSD/CRPS

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

"Still, look on the bright side, in addition to getting a free TV licence at 75 I also can't get bowel cancer screening (sreening stops at 74!)."

It is possible to request a screening kit when beyond the age covered by the screening programme. NHS link

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...