We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

retired should work for pension

¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

"Retired people should be encouraged to do community work such as caring for the "very old" or face losing some of their pension, a peer has suggested."

Sounds reasonable. Pensioners will take far more out of the system than they ever put in, what with all the related perks they get. Even those with private pensions should either contribute or loose part of their benefit.

ps I am over 60 and would be keen to work for my pension.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20044862

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

I don't know how I had time to work, I was up at 6am this morning and have been at this PC all day putting together material for a national volunteer group,just a short break to have a sandwich. The great thing is that the project will raise £80,000 for a new eye laser machine for our Hospital. oh nearly forgot, I can say enough is enough at any point.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

Does this include all the retirees with gold plated pensions,ie civil servants and ministers or is this just aimed at the "plebs".

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I cannot believe what I have been reading. Who is this complete prat? Pensioners have been paying into a pot for all their working lives and it is surely time that people recognise that the OAP is not a charity. What I choose to do with my retirement has absolutely nothing to do with any Lord and perhaps he would be better attending his local senile dementia club rather the his present Lords club.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

welcome to the house of lords or now known as the law making house of rules. Where they make laws and very very occasionally rescind old ones. A law for them but a lawless ones for us. Copared to the USA Judges over there can rescind and quash the rules but over here it seems the MP's are slow to do so

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...