We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ridiculous. Sentenced for not predicting earthquake.

Blackhat

Likes # 0

Six Italian scientists found guilty of multiple manslaughter for not giving accurate enough information about an earthquake yet to happen.

Maybe they should prosecute all the mediums and fortune tellers for not speaking up about it also!

Quake scientists convicted

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

We should have no problem with the successful prosecution of the merchant bankers now.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Michael Fish might be worried (1987 Hurricane Storm caused record damage and killed 18 people)

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Not quiet true. They were asked if the earth tremors meant that an earthquake was coming and they said no. It was.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Everyone who lives in 'hot spots' or high-risk-areas prone to earthquakes / floods / droughts / tidal waves / volcanic eruptions / famine / pestilence / wars / genocide ... should seriously consider moving to safer spots. (it's no joke if you have to live with the constant threat of unstoppable forces :o[)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't see how it is ridiculous.

That is the law in Italy.

They probably think our laws on abortion are just as ridiculous.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Lotvic

Michael Fish has nothing to worry about as UK law is not so ridiculous.

morddwyd

It is the Italian law that I find ridiculous in that it allows this sort of prossecution to take place.

It seems almost medieval, witch hunts come to mind.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

(it's no joke if you have to live with the constant threat of unstoppable forces :o[)

How do you cope with Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers, then?

They tell me Motherwell is quite nice and quiet.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

a falsely reassuring statement

i believe that now a precedent has been set that multiple prosecutions shall ensue and all those who profess such sentiments shall be equally guilty.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

How do you cope with Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers, then?

The threat of that 'little earthquake' has 'fizzled out' ... for a while, Cream.

Re Motherwell:- Motherwell (North Lanarkshire) 'The Mother's well' This former steel-making town in the Clyde Valley takes its name from an ancient well dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the site of which is today marked by a plaque in Ladywell Road.

... How are things in Glockamorra?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fm - when you say 'presumably...' and 'I'm only guessing...' in your last post, you are hedging your bets. Why not start by saying I THINK THAT...?

Spit it out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED