We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

elf and safety risk - beware

wiz-king
Resolved

Likes # 0

Blue-tack and dirty magazines what next?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

As usual, not Health & Safety at all, but some jumped up local official trying to justify his or her existence.

Like this post  
finerty

Likes # 0

poppycock I know some who wears her marrie ring that it should be removed by an NHS infection control. Bit wy should she remove her ring if it doesnt pose a prolem.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

An example of an over-zealous inspector perhaps, but nevertheless...

One person in four has hands that are contaminated with faecal matter (including E.coli, and those hands have probably turned the pages of the magazines in the dentist's waiting room. The magazine covers are probably teeming with bacteria.

They have also handled the banknotes in your wallet, the grab rails in the bus, the door handles in the toilets, and the apples at the supermarket.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

And the more bacteria you are exposed to the better your immune system copes.

It's about time some of these people got a reality check.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

carver

"And the more bacteria you are exposed to the better your immune system copes"

Is that what you believe? I suggest you do a bit of research before coming out with wildly incorrect statements like that.

In May last year 11 people died, and hundreds more were left fighting for their lives when they ate cucumbers that were contaminated with E.coli bacteria. Each year this bacterium kills between 5 and 10 million people - the main source of infection being faecal matter transmitted by unwashed hands coming into contact with food, and water supplies being contaminated, also by faecal matter.

The Salmonella bacterium kills approximately a quarter of a million people a year. It is spread via faecal matter and urine.

Streptococcus is a killer that is responsible for numerous cases of pneumonia throughout the world, and equally as important, is the main cause of bacterial meningitis, a killer in its own right.

There are others, but I'm sure you get the point.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...my dentist is a sea-diving enthusiast, so nobody looks at/or touches his supply of magazines [once he's read them] ... Deep-Sea-Diving (monthly)...except me!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK