We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where Can I Get A Pair Of Strong Braces?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Help....I am tired of the braces I have at present coming loose and twanging off my trousers. I have scoured Amazon looking at various pairs, but there doesn't seem to be any that boast of remaining clipped on tight. They vary in price and of course I wonder if the more expensive ones (they vary in price from a couple of quid up to the thirty quid mark) are capable of doing the job intended which is to keep the trousers up reasonably tight. Short of sitting and sewing buttons on all my trousers and buying the button on type of braces, I cant see an answer unless anybody knows of a pair that would do the job.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The Amazing Braces option is certainly a full belt and braces solution:)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...and certainly much more pleasing to the eye than the mole grips that woodchip recommends attaching to each clip...

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I Just use Pointed pliers to bend clips to hold better

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Thanks all for the replies. I have ordered a pair of the amazing Braces. They sound like a sound idea to me. I hope they arrive in time for my night out. Otherwise it will be pliers to the fore.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

How did you get on with the Amazing Braces?

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

BT. Sorry for not coming back earlier on this. I bought a pair of Amazing Braces and they are no doubt the answer to the problem. I wore them with my evening dress having got my lady friend to sew on some loops for my belt. Dress trousers don't have loops for belts. I found the braces "amazing" what more can I say?

I have since bought another pair so that I have one pair for every day use and I have them on now, the other pair I will keep ready for the next time I attend a black tie Doo. By the way looking at the label on this second pair I bought it seems they are manufactured in the USA. Makes a change from China I suppose. But I recommend them to anybody who needs a reliable pair of braces...

So thanks for the tip and thanks to everybody else for trying their best to make a fool out of me etc.

I have been in touch with the firm that sells the braces and suggested that they make them in a bigger selection of colours than they presently stock. In fact I suggested that they sell them in regimental colours. I reckon they could make a killing. I could sell at least a dozen pair in our Association.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Glad you like them.

Much better than the clip on type Eh!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

In case anybody is looking to buy a pair of these braces, you can also try the site of "Perry Suspenders" in the USA. I got the name from the label on the amazing Braces I bought, and googled the US site.

They have a bigger choice of colours and patterns etc. also they have a set that looks like a gun toting holster, which only has two fixings, one at either side. (If I carried a gat I would buy them). Prices looked reasonable too, but no idea what postage would be.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more