We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where Can I Get A Pair Of Strong Braces?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Help....I am tired of the braces I have at present coming loose and twanging off my trousers. I have scoured Amazon looking at various pairs, but there doesn't seem to be any that boast of remaining clipped on tight. They vary in price and of course I wonder if the more expensive ones (they vary in price from a couple of quid up to the thirty quid mark) are capable of doing the job intended which is to keep the trousers up reasonably tight. Short of sitting and sewing buttons on all my trousers and buying the button on type of braces, I cant see an answer unless anybody knows of a pair that would do the job.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

A good independent tailor should be able to provide what you want.

Doubt that Fenecks, Naval Tailors, in Union St, Plymouth will send by post though.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau, you won't be able to ! With all the defence cuts over the years, all the strong braces have been requisitioned in order to manufacture the new, low tech weapon replacement for the Army & Navy.

click here

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Try these Brimarc. Not cheap, but neat

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Raid the button box, then you wont have to worry about the new-fangled clips.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try using a pair of Pliers on the Clips as I often do, so they hold firmer

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Woolwell. Fenecks Naval Tailors in Union Street. Whatever happened to Coopers? I think I still have some credit in there from about 1954.

Brumas. You could be correct.

wee eddie. I will try your link now ... Thanks to all contributors so far...

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Coopers disappeared a long time ago. At one time there were many naval tailors including Bernards.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

can you do a rock on jimmy with your braces.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Try the dentist in the H&S thread!

You could also try Peter Christian

http://www.peterchristian.co.uk/mens/belts-braces

Their gear is normally quality stuff.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Amazing Braces

Amazing Braces

These are the best braces I've ever had. They hook onto your belt so don't rely on clips or buttons. The straps are wide and comfortable. Not the cheapest but very good quality.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made