We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where Can I Get A Pair Of Strong Braces?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Help....I am tired of the braces I have at present coming loose and twanging off my trousers. I have scoured Amazon looking at various pairs, but there doesn't seem to be any that boast of remaining clipped on tight. They vary in price and of course I wonder if the more expensive ones (they vary in price from a couple of quid up to the thirty quid mark) are capable of doing the job intended which is to keep the trousers up reasonably tight. Short of sitting and sewing buttons on all my trousers and buying the button on type of braces, I cant see an answer unless anybody knows of a pair that would do the job.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Independent Gents Outfitters!! (A decent one!)

TonyV

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...I think the only ones that let go at inopportune moments were specially made for Brian Rix and Coco the clown:)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. You missed me out.

I've already got four pairs of braces and none of them are up to the job. One of them is from Marks and Sparks but is just as bad if not worse.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Belts work better.

But now I have a mental image of you doing a Brian Rix act in the bank, the post office, the library, the bus station... I can never take you seriously again now!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. I hope nobody ever takes me seriously. I normally wear a belt, but with evening dress trousers hang better and look smarter with braces.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Forget braces or a belt, wear an all-in-one jumpsuit.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

P.S. You don't need trousers if you are wearing an evening dress!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees. I hope people don't take you seriously too. As for the Jump Suit, well Mr Churchill may have got away with wearing one. But at an annual dinner where I normally get fined a bottle of port for wearing the wrong bow tie, I somehow don't think I would get away with it.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Why didn't you say it was for evening dress? You can just wrap several coils mountaineering rope around your waist to hold them up securely and hide it all under a cummerbund.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features