We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 748

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

A little lump of water to start off with.

click here

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan, get your finger out old pal, your'e slipping ;o}}

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Too slow logging in - learnt to sail on the Dart. Greenway was of course Agatha Christies home which now belongs to the National Trust.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Woolwell, interesting, I told Fran, an Agatha Christie fan, big mistake - "it would be nice to actually visit the place...." I pointed out the possibility was slim as it is 366 miles away!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Brumas, you old skinflint, let yourself pay the fuel, and let your wife pay for a five star hotel for a week. Fair exchange and every one happy.

Possibly...

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

rdave13 If you are putting yourself forward as Chauffeur I may consider it ;o}

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can do a very nice round trip starting at Dartmouth. Up the river to Totnes, then by bus to Paignton and then steam train to Kingswear and cross the ferry back to Dartmouth. You can leave or join at most places on the trip or do it in reverse order. There are some nice hotels and good places to eat around Dartmouth.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I only charge Garages rates per hour, that includes travelling to your residence. Then you would be responsible for garaging my vehicle whilst I Chauffeur you and your good wife to said location. Of course you would need to put me up in a local 'otel whilst you enjoy yourselves. Then return you and your good wife to your abode. Reasonable tip would be in the region of 12.5% of total cost. Return fuel for myself is also required with insurance as is a business deal.

Shall we try to work out the finances then.....

lol

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

rdave13 your'e as daft as I am and I'm daft as a brush ;o}}

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Brumas , yup but sometimes a laugh is as good as it gets.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

rdave13 echo that old pal.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes