We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UK court rule against Apple

Strawballs

Likes # 0

Finally common sense has prevailed, Apple really don't like competition.

Court rule against Apple

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Indeed, Apple is such a powerful company and is trying with all it's might to dominate and monopolise the industry. It's actions tantamount to bullying. Just my take on it. I don't like it's restrictive philosophy and because of it I have never bought Apple. That's not to say it is not a very good product. Perhaps it is but like Lastchip I prefer to use the Samsung Galaxy Tab and phone.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Well said Mr Chip.

And to Apple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I do not direct this at any individual or claim it applies to any individual it is a general observation.

There have always been and always will be people who for whatever reason cannot bring themselves to accept that a company can be successful. Business is and always has been dominated by those prepared to be ruthless in looking after their interests.

I remember well people who always refered to Microsoft as M$ and shouted loud that they would never use Windows favouring the "honesty" of Linux. That Linux was a nightmare to set us and use back them was rarely mentioned.

I prefer to chose what I purchase on the basis of what ticks the most boxes for me at the time of purchase. After years of buying Windows based sytems I changed to Apple because the OS was virtually trouble free and the hardware both high quality and attractive. I bought an iPhone for the same reasons and for its innovation, but if I was buying today I would find it hard not to choice the S3.

It really makes me laugh when someone says "i will never buy ..." Because the only person potentially missing out is themselves.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

bremner

I agree with you that there are people out there that hate anything successful, and your example of Microsoft is a very good one.

However, with Apple, I've found that anyone that generally 'refuses to buy anything Apple', has that opinion for good reason - Apple is one of the most restrictive and monopolistic platforms out there, and some people do not like having their freedom taken away from them, and I am one of them. That has nothing to do with their success. I've had that opinion of them since they first introduced iTunes and iPods, where if you used one then you had no choice but to purchase the other - any alternatives from other manufacturers were simply not compatible. (i.e. music purchased from iTunes was only compatible with iPods, iPods were only compatible with music purchased from iTunes (or mp3s which were not legally available for download in those days).)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback