We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ITS ALL CHANGE ON 17th OCT

Ventad
Resolved

Likes # 0

The Government change web site on 17th this month might have already been put in a thread if so I missed it. Click Here

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Don't worry morddwyd, I'm sure that facilities for taking money in will be high on the 'must get it right' list.

Not too sure where the part about sending out the disc comes though.

WTM

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I've just realised all the bookmarks for the potentially useful yougov pages will be rendered useless!

WTM

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

17th October is also time for the latest Freeview retune:

Freeview National retune On Wednesday the 17th of October Freeview will be making changes to the channel listings for all Freeview TV's, set top boxes and PVR's. This will mean that after lunchtime on this date Freeview viewers should check to see if their equipment has already adopted these changes or if they need to retune their product to affect these changes.

The changes taking place are as follows:-

HD channels will move to channel numbers 101-120

Marketplace will move from channel number 61 to channel 50

The Adult section will start at channel number 171 (currently 91)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's getting as bad as Supermarket Shopping, everytime I go there they seem to have shifted everything around to a different aisle or stopped selling it.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

At first glance it looks a bit computer wizard style navigation, so anything that makes less like wading through treacle is better than was.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

The only time I have used any of the places available is to re-tax my car. I found that to be efficient and easy to do. I can't see how they could make it much easier.

Any other government site I have tried to get on, I have had problems with. But they have been such as the time they opened the site for a census a couple of years ago.

Are they changing just for the sake of changing, I ask myself?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"I'm due to re-tax the car, so I might wait a day or so and give the live site a whirl."

That's one more nail in the Post Office's coffin then...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB, p'raps all Post Offices should have an internet terminal where 'applying-on-line' is available ... and pull that nail out, right away!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"That's one more nail in the Post Office's coffin then..."

They're hammering them in themselves, with the massive queues.

With arthritic ankles, knees, hips and spine, like many, I simply cannot stand that long.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Perhaps an american style take a number as you enter, then go to a large seating area and wait for your number to be called might be workable in offices where queues are a problem?

WTM

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger