We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are you ever confused which way is Mecca?

Algerian peter

Likes # 0

Then just get out your bank card. Oh it's that way

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I agree with the first paragraph, lending money at high interest rates should be a criminal offence. some of these loan companies on TV are to me preying on the already hard up section of the population.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I haven't been to a Mecca Ballroom for years, are they still in existence? They were a fantastic place to meet girls in the 60s.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I haven't been to a Mecca Ballroom for years, are they still in existence? They were a fantastic place to meet girls in the 60s.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

romanby1 "They were a fantastic place to meet girls in the 60s." Echo that ;o}}

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Haven't they all been converted to bingo halls now?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

" lending money at high interest rates should be a criminal offence."

Depends on what you define as "high". One person's high is another person's competitive.

Spain is currently borrowing at a prohibitive 7.6&+, very high compared with some other countries.

Make it illegal and where are they going to go?

Make it illegal for the domestic consumer and we know where they are going to go, straight into the clutches of the already illegal, unregulated, loan sharks.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

A borrowing rat of a prohibitive 7.6% is positively low compared to a borrowing rate of 4,200%!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Exactly.

It depends on who is defining "high"!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

4,200 % is also positively low compared with 719,000%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12991640

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Well, it makes a change from a free pen! Besides which, it's actually not a bad idea - every Muslim I know carries a small compass so that they can orientate on Mecca when they're travelling and need to pray. If they also carry a cc, it would save them having to rummage around for the compass each time, as they have to do now

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback