We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Youtube download no longer possible?

rickf

Likes # 0

I have been using final video dowload to capture youtube videos to my h/d. beeen working perfectly until recently. it just can't download anymore and my laptop freezes after trying. has this got anything to do with google taking over youtube? have tried other software as well but just no go. have you had the same problem. the same thing with my desktop. i'm running windows 7.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

We use Youtube Downloader Basic which works OK

Download from

YouTube Downloader

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Does not work for me. Tried others as well and it seems that Google/Youtube has blocked downloading due to possible infringements of copyrights. Google the prob today and lots of people are having the same difficulty.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

BTW, Pcadvisor site is at a snail's pace!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've been having problems with the YouTube site. IE keeps freezing when typing in the search box on the site. It will recover the tab and eventually get there. Same happening with Firefox and on another PC running XP. I use aTube Catcher and that downloaded successfully. I'm running Safari now and it seems ok on this browser. Not sure if it has something to do with the latest updates.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Not just me then with the Browser freezing problems, I'm using Firefox and getting freeze-ups and taskmanager showing 50 to a 100% CPU usage.

Like this post
Eargasm

Likes # 0

@rdave....... I was having the same problem with Youtube freezing, although it did eventually recover, It seemed to start after last weeks Windows updates.... It turned out a nVidea Graphics card update sorted out the problem for me.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Browser update seems to have cured my probs, am now using FF16

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Working fine for me using IE9 and keepvid.com

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Apparently YouTube did some alterations middle of Sept and lots of downloaders had problems after that. My FFox Download Helper needed to be updated before it would work properly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'