We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it now guilty until proven innocent?

Sapins

Likes # 0

Reading about the allegations re Jimmy Saville and now Lance Armstrong I always thought it was the other way round but a lot of people seem only too ready to condemn people before any firm evidence shows them to be guilty! Then again the media lead the outcry and too many people are willing to take their word as gospel.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I was speaking to a friend who was in a rock group touring in the late 60's and through the 70's. His thoughts on the subject were that it could just as easily been any of the touring group members put in a similar position as JS because as he said, "we got older but the groupies stayed the same age." They weren't a household name group, the best they ever achieved was second on the bill, but still there were the groupies waiting outside when they finished. He doesn't doubt that some of those were probably under age but certainly didn't look it. From the reports I've read it seems that JS may well have not got past taking advantage of groupies and that age group became his main interest.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Referring to Lance Armstrong I am more interested in his ability to win major bike races after recovering from cancer. Now if he was taking performance enhancing drugs to make this possible why are the medical profession not consulting him on what they were so the rest of us that are recovering from cancer treatment can enjoy the same level of fitness he seemingly does.

My physical condition after recovering from cancer 3 and a half years ago is absolutely rubbish, in fact I joke with the docs that I went from a fit man with cancer to an incredibly unfit without. If there are drugs that will make my quality of life more palatable then I am interested.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr

"That's a curious thing to say"

Really?

Take a look at this

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Kevscar1

"no mention of boys in anything I've heard or read."

Read the link I posted for Joseph Kerr above.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

As Southend is in Essex and not Hants I'll reserve my judgement on whether this is a genuine allegation or not

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

In the case of the policeman not being believed by his superiors when he told them about it. There probably were documents. But the chance of the police unearthing them now and so implicating higher police officers, is entirely unlikely. The police will tend to cover each other's backs as usual.

I am thinking of the Hillsborough masquerade of course. But who knows if one domino falls over then so might the others.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Kevscar1

It is a genuine allegation, it has been reported in several newspapers.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Condom raises a valid concern and to that I would add the theatre that surrounds some accused's arrival at court. Large motorcade with outriders and a helicopter hovering above.

Hardly gives the appearance of innocent until proven guilty.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...