It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion
Teenager electrocuted by PC psu
Likes # 0
Posted October 9, 2012 at 7:54PM
I came across this and thought I would pass it on.
It's made me pause for thought, and I hope it does you too. Although somewhat lacking in details, I suspect he was tinkering inside the psu itself.
Certainly I've never heard of anything like it, but no doubt someone else has.
Likes # 0
Posted October 9, 2012 at 10:02PM
With the plethora of home-made electrical DIY videos [mostly American] that are uploaded to the internet for 'consumption' by anybody with a decent BB connection ...there's bound to be many more deaths like this one, sadly.
One video I watched recently was on 'How To Repair A Laptop Battery'.
If all of the precautions & warnings were adhered to then it was a relatively safe thing to do ... but I fear many would 'cut-corners' and end up injuring themselves, needlessly.
Reply to this topic
This thread has been locked.