We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much do you think Apple should charge for the iPad Mini?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Apple is set to launch its much-anticipated iPad Mini next week. We want to know how much you think Apple will charge for the iPad Mini.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How much do you think Apple should charge for the iPad Mini?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I will be surprised if it's priced above £249 and delighted if it's less. Apple's order for 10 million units in this quarter is about twice the order placed by Amazon for the Kindle Fire for the same period.

Let battle commence, as they say - competition (and it will be fierce) can only be good for consumers.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Trust that it will be overpriced.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I think they should charge as little as possible, so I have plumped for the £150 mark. I know that's not what they will charge but that's not the question. Is it?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

"that's not the question. Is it?"

You're quite right, it isn't. What they should charge is £199:00.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

I can't see them pricing it as low as £200 as it would be too cheap compared to the current iPad (unless they reduce that too).

Personally I'm expecting it to be priced somewhere between £250 and £300, probably closer to £300. Apple know that most people will be prepared to pay a premium over Android tablets, just like they do with mobile phones.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

3(.99 with 20 tokens from The Sun

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

We don't buy the sun in this area, so I guess we will have to pay full price.

Like this post
acfc

Likes # 0

In line with Apples downgrade of my iPad by removing google maps, I have reduced my opinion of the worth of their product.

I believe it should now be priced at less than £199 to compete with Nexus etc, however even that will probably not change my mind about the 7'' tablet I will buy my wife following Apples decision to put long term strategy above customers needs.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

It's an odd question. They should do it at Nexus price. They won't, though, if they are true to form; they will want to mark themselves out as the exclusive option. I wonder if there will be more than the slightly bigger screen to warrant it.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I don't really care as I won't be buying one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...