We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:


PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner


It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion


 

How not to enjoy a drink


carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

I heard about this on the radio but didn't really hear it properly and thought that some one had pored the stuff into her drink out of spite.

Didn't realise that it's the Wine bar using it in their drinks Liquid nitrogen what sort of idiot puts some thing that is so lethal into a drink and doesn't expect a fatality to occur.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Many idiots.

It appears it has been going on for some time and is (was) quite widespread.

Up until now the stuff had always evaporated before being ingested.

This poor girl drank a bit too quickly.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I'm glad I'm not the bar owners insurance company! I can see a massive claim on the horizon!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Next they be putting up notices to cover themselves, when they shouldn't use the stuff in the first place

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Not sure if the girl will have a right to claim, the bar wasn't doing anything wrong serving these drinks, well nothing illegal anyway.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I'm sure they will have third party liability insurance, after all they served the drink to a customer and it almost killed her. Got to be a claim there somewhere I would have thought!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It'll probably be the insurance companies that stop them being sold quite quickly by way of huge premium increases, a law change would take months even if it was done quickly.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

liquid nitrogen needs to be handled very carefully and to be put in the public domain like this is foolish a very slight error with it can cause what we have seen an 18 year old girl on a night out having here stomach removed liquid nitrogen heating up in stomach causing large gas bubble = very lucky to be alive and should be banned from food and drink before a life is lost by an error

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

My first thought was -stupid reporters, no-one in there right mind would drink liquid nitrogen - seems I have missed out on the latest trends in drinking. The nearest I have ever got to alcohol and nitrogen was a Guinness.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

This practice has been around for a while, and is generally harmless - the liquid nitrogen boils off before the drink is consumed. It's a gimmick, and is not illegal, but it obviously has a potential for causing harm. I imagine the fad will rapidly become history now.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Not your maths - your physics - a frozen stomach is a rigid structure and this would reduce its ability to expand.

Too many variables!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.



IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger