We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kindle Fire HD Anybody ordered Yet

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just been reading about the new Kindle gadget. Not available until later this month, I got to wondering if our FE or anybody else has pre-ordered one yet?

I'm tempted, but then again I am quite happy with the Kindle I already have.

Even if somebody bought me one for my birthday or the annual spending solstice. I don't know if I could possibly justify having one. Looks as if it would cost more money in buying films etc. Since I got my normal Kindle I have gone over the top with my buying and reading books. I don't think I have the time to squeeze anything else in to my time schedule.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I'm still contented with my original Kindle which works just fine. I bought it on the recommendation of the FE and never regretted it. It is presently loaded up with hundreds of books which should give me a good choice of reading on my stay overseas. Her indoors still preferred to read from my Kindle rather than her iPad and it still does everything I want it to.

It has had knock on effects here in Thailand as my old favourite second hand book shop which used to be my lifeblood is no longer in being and I guess it is probably down to the Kindle and other similar appliances.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

Her indoors still preferred to read from my Kindle rather than her iPad

I share her preference. I am happy reading documents on the iPad, as many pages as you like, but when it comes to a book...

It's a strange thing, I just can't enjoy the experience as much as I do with my Kindle. I'm comfortable with a conventional back-lit screen for work, but the Kindle display is far superior when it comes to a relaxing read. I used the iPad to read a book on an aircraft once, and the woman in the next seat said 'I'm really sorry, but your constant flicking over of the pages is really annoying me - would you mind switching it off?'

I saw the point, and so does my wife - the iPad isn't allowed in the bedroom, but the Kindle is fine.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I tend to have the font reasonably large on my kindle and am a fast reader so find I'.m changing pages quite quickly.

My wife says the constant clicking drives her ma when we are reading in bed.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

alan14 & Joseph Kerr - Why do I not use headphones (with my mobile phone)?

The earphones that came with the [Samsung Tocca GT-s5230] keep coming out of my ears.If I could get good quality over-the-head type headphones [at a reasonable price] that fitted the non-standard socket on the side, I would definitely buy them.

My other mp3 players are equipped with the latter type.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Aitchbee I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 205 (over the head, over ear) headphones for £25 recently. Well worth the outlay!

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

OTT_B - Well Noted! Thanks for that. [I'll 'send out' some subliminal signals ... as my birthday is coming up soon].

ps. I don't think I will be able to plug 'em into my tocca phone.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Many headphones now have a longer plug for the deeper sockets on mobile phones, take your phone to a shop and check them out

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've now green ticked this thread a few times and I still keep getting e-mails to tell me there is a new posting in the thread. Anybody else getting this problem or not.

also when I click on the "Post" button below it used to re-act and I knew I had posted o.k. but now it just does nothing at all. Maybe this is also why we sometimes get multiple posts.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, you need one of these!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adaptor-Headphone-Earphone-Adapter-Samsung/dp/B005DKQIGC/ref=sr116?ie=UTF8&qid=1349987332&sr=8-16

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

OTT_B ... Fantastico! That little beastie will 'take' those other 'cans' you recommended. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...