We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kindle Fire HD Anybody ordered Yet

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just been reading about the new Kindle gadget. Not available until later this month, I got to wondering if our FE or anybody else has pre-ordered one yet?

I'm tempted, but then again I am quite happy with the Kindle I already have.

Even if somebody bought me one for my birthday or the annual spending solstice. I don't know if I could possibly justify having one. Looks as if it would cost more money in buying films etc. Since I got my normal Kindle I have gone over the top with my buying and reading books. I don't think I have the time to squeeze anything else in to my time schedule.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Here you go, freeware MP3 splitter

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

alan14 thanks

tried that one before it just doesn't work

put in settings (10 mins) click on file to split a flash of the screen then nothing. have uninstalled and reinstalled exactly the same.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I used to use it and it worked fine for me, that was on Vista though.

I've used this one in the past as well - MP3Splt

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Time for a new phone...?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've never used audio books whilst driving, thinking they might be distracting. Yet I play music all the time. Maybe I will try an audio book next long drive I go on.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...they might be distracting.

I haven't found that to be the case.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I often listen to audiobooks installed on my phone when on the bus ... I prefer to put the phone to my ear [either right or left depending on available seats] ... a seat next to the window is ideal for optimum comfort.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Why don't you use headphones?

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Good question.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

In answer to the OP. Yup! Ordered mine as soon as it was announced.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...