We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 742

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Last one before I turn in although I might leave a G.U.P for the night shift.

I do like my water ;o}

click here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Looking on Google Maps I cannot find anywhere that looks like it now. I suspect that it could be near Victoria Park or possibly Mill Bank.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

As the caption on the postcard reads The old Mill and Wier (sic), Stafford, I don't think a positive id is possible so consider this green ticked - when the green tick facility is functional again of course.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that I know roughly where it is. But don't have any local knowledge to place it accurately.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Woolwell full marks for your ongoing effort anyhow.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well managed to sign in at last.Cracked it I think after spending about 8 hours on it.

Click here

Town mill Stafford.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Another from the same source, you wonder why it is so difficult to find a photo when you actually know which town it is in.

http://www.search.staffspasttrack.org.uk/engine/resource/default.asp?resource=897

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Jock1e, Well Done, I am impressed by your tenacity.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

I must admit I was ready for giving up.If you know it is in a certain Town you expect to find the odd photo of it but nothing was coming up.

If you know where it should be there should be photos, so it was just a case of more and more searching and eventually one popped up.I must admit it was the hardest one to find for me anyway.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...