We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are we really getting rid of that detestable man "Abbu" ?at last?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just saw on the news that the police have driven that one armed, one eyed cleric away somewhere. Let'e hope it is to the airport.

I hope there's not any chance of us having him or the other four who are supposed to be extradited with him, back here to darken our shores again.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Yep, that's the design of the maximum security cells at ADX, they're a single moulded lump of concrete, delivered to site and half buried in the desert sand.

Prisoners are only allowed out for 1 hour exercise a day, two guards enter the cell, clap the prisoner in leg and arm restraints and walk him out to the the exercise cage, where they exercise alone.

I know you'll disagree with this comment, but there are concerns that this punishment counts as cruel and unusual. Not all prisoners at ADX are there for violent crimes.

Inside ADX

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

The thing is with this country and the crazy European Court of Human Rights is it is too far biased towards the wrong doers.In war and conflicts, nasty things happen it's a fact of the theatre that it occurs in. People on here bringing up stuff about the slave trade and our military past, that's not what this thread is about. It's about this soft, badly run country having the P* taken out of it by scum who really have no right to be here. Hamza and the rest of his cronies, hate us, they hate our way of life and they want this country turned to Sharia law and all the other cobblers they are allowed to spout at us.(what they would do with the state benefit system that they enjoy so much I will never know) We have to take it, because by law they are allowed to spout it. If I was to stand in the centre of my town and say all Muslims should go to hell and that Burkas should be banned, or anything else on the endless list of trivial crap that offends them. I would be cuffed and thrown in to a cell at my local nick quicker than a flash. The fact of the matter is, most people in this country, me included don't think like that. I don't think all Muslims should go to hell, although I don't agree with the wearing of Burkas, it's allowed here. I am not going to lose sleep over it. For gods sake, I know Muslim shop keepers who say we are crazy to let him and his kind away with what we have.

I firmly believe though that this should of been nipped in the bud earlier. As much as I have never liked Thatcher, she had more backbone than any other that has sat in her chair since she vacated it. I have no doubt she would of tolerated scum spitting at returning troops, and burning our Union flag in a city that has just hoisted it so high with Olympic celebrations. She would of thrown the lot of them out and told Europe to stick their Human Rights agenda where it should be.

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

forum member

It appears that you're perfectly happy to subsidise Hamza's family, even though there are criminal elements within it. As a taxpayer and a staunch anti terrorist, not surprisingly, I don't.

We have subsidised the family for, what, eight to fourteen years, which includes housing them in a £1 million pound house in a very nice area; paid for £100,000 refurbishments; paid roughly £700 per week for his wives and eight kids which works out at about another half a million. We've also had to put up with his constant anti infidel tirades and countless court appeals and his extradition fight plus a criminal trial — which ended in a seven-year jail term for soliciting to murder and inciting hatred in 2006 — has cost the taxpayer £153,091; Hamza spent 3,053 days in London’s top-security Belmarsh since he was held on a US warrant in 2004. That cost £70,000 a year, leading to a final jail bill of £577,497.

Personally I would have preferred for that amount of money to have been spent on our own citizens who I believe have a much higher priority than people from another land who have no respect or regard for this country's principles or laws or people.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"If I want to read the bile spouted by borderline racists and fascists I'll go to the Daily Mail's website, I don't see why we should have it here all the time..."

We're not having it here, which is why I deleted a raft of posts late last night. I also deleted the silly personal abuse exchanges that broke out between some contributors. It's not necessary to descend to that in order to make a point.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"saying the law has shown itself not fit for purpose"

That's what most on here were saying....

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

forum member

"Hamza has been dealt with in accordance with the law. "

Eight to fourteen years with him spouting hatred in all that time and taking millions in handouts!

Would you not agree that the law is an ass?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Would you not agree that the law is an ass?"

In some respects it might look that way. What this man's lawyers did is use the laws of this country and of the EU to delay matters. They went looking for legal delaying devices, and they found them. It isn't so much a case of the law itself being an ass, it's more a case of the lawyers being clever enough to find and use the various checks and balances introduced by the people who drafted the laws in the first case. It's important to have these safeguards built in, so an individual's lawyers can ensure he or she is being treated fairly.

The problems arise when the individual concerned is plainly an undesirable - someone we want to expel from the country. What we need is a tightening of the laws applying to these situations, so the process doesn't take an eternity. The difficulty is in achieving that whilst ensuring we don't deny people the right to a fair hearing, even if they are suspected terrorists.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

He is't/wasn't a suspected terrorist. He is a terrorist pure and simple.

Anybody including lawyers, who help this/these type of people to avoid justice and ride roughshod over the weak laws of this country, should be held in contempt by the country and the courts. It's not so much that the law is an ass, but the lawyers who use low cunning to make fools out of us all. They increase their income enormously in the process, at the taxpayers expense.

What bugs me is there are probably more of these terrorists living openly in our midst.

We have had threads on here about burglars breaking in to our homes and the why's and wherefores of how they should be treated. This is only burglary on a larger scale. Lawbreakers of this type should be hit hard and hit quickly. The chances of these terrorists repenting is zero, so their sentences should give them zero chance to act out their ambitions. I hope the Yanks come down on this lowlife lump of scum like the proverbial ton of bricks.

Sorry FE but it makes my blood boil the way he has manipulated our laws to his advantage. I just hope it is the last we hear of him and his likes. But somehow I doubt it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What this man's lawyers did is use the laws of this country and of the EU to delay matters.

Interesting. Would it be a possibility, or too far fetched, that this country might leave the EU when the next Government is elected?

We're not tied to the Euro, more tied to the USA, so wondering if it's time for us to think, at least, to sever ties to EU Law and being an independent country once again?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not only the law of the land but the law of Germany..... delete that.. I meant the law of the EU.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert