We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are we really getting rid of that detestable man "Abbu" ?at last?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just saw on the news that the police have driven that one armed, one eyed cleric away somewhere. Let'e hope it is to the airport.

I hope there's not any chance of us having him or the other four who are supposed to be extradited with him, back here to darken our shores again.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

Woolwell, totally disagree with you.

The last part of the sentence is very offensive.

The first part is just sheer stupidity.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

bluesbrother , I think FM was referring to WW2, past history of Nazi atrocities, without seeming to be bringing it up to full glory again. Our British history in warfare isn't gleaming either and was offensive. Earlier in history we were even more offensive when it came to the slave trade.

History as is.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

rdave13

"Earlier in history we were even more offensive when it came to the slave trade"

Than the Nazis??? I don't think so!

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

rdave13

I agree, British governments, past and present, are far from innocent.

I strongly believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, religious or political. But when anyone advocates injuring or killing to further their beliefs I do not want them living in the same continent as me never mind the same country.

That is what this is about and that is what WW2 was about.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Flak999 Read about our history of slave trading.

bluesbrother and I agree fully and so does fourm member but has a way with words that excites responses. Read his post again and see the meaning of it. Especially with the topics of speakers corner at the moment.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

fourm members "way with words" seems to consist of throwing a few contentious remarks into the pot without regard of the consequences.

I've bit my tongue a few times in the past, but that one was way out of line.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Being the same devils advocate as FM

The EDL attack people for their beliefs in the same way as Abu Hamza's followers. Should we throw them out as well?

If you recall, the largest terrorist atrocity on US soil prior to 9/11 was carried out by Timothy McVeigh, a US born & bred "patriot".

It's not just foreigners who cause problems for governments and as much time & effort should be spent making sure the fascist movements are kept in line.

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

One would assume, rightlyfully or wrongly, that a suspected lowlife terrorist's family would fully support his extremist beliefs and could potentially become a threat to our country's security at some point. Yes, kick them out too, and this has nothing to do with religion but all to do with self preservation.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the Uk needs a good clear out of foriegn terroists seeking haven here and all those radical immigrants stiring up trouble here.

have the courts woke up at last.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Whilst being in total agreement with the principle of adhering to proper legal processes in matters of this kind I cannot understand why it should take so long. Spending many millions of public money over many years because someone keeps finding new legal obstacles for us to overcome seems to point to a need to overhaul the laws relating to the extradition process.

If we want to expel an individual from our country we should be able to do it fairly rapidly. What stops us in many instances is our desire to ensure that the person concerned is not in danger of being killed when he or she reaches the country that asks for extradition. It's a thorny ethical situation, and it's one to which I have no answer. As a nation we believe fervently in the rule of law, and unfortunately that's something which will occasionally mean we have these problems to face.

Comments about pushing people out of planes, and deporting whole families because one person is undesirable are not helpful, so please let's have no more of it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite