We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's happened to signupshield by protecteer?

charliep

Likes # 0

I've been using Signupshield password manager with its disposable email addressess for quite some time and found it very useful. But when I renewed my subscription this time and tried to add the new license number, all I get is a message saying "the current user has been revoked". I contacted Protecteer support and got a standard confirmation, but nothing else. Just can't get any where with them. Does anyone have any ideas what has happened with them?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You've posted this in Speakers Corner, but it really belongs in the Tech Helproom. I'm transferring it to that section now.

Like this post
poly_perkins

Likes # 0

I for one am in the process of ditching Protecteer's Sign up Shield. The main reason is that it still announces that it supports Firefox 3. For Goodness sake protecteer I am using Firefox 15.0.1. Sign up shield will not work with fire fox 15.

I have moved to Keepass Password Safe which is free and does exactly what Sign up Shield does/did.

Like this post
charliep

Likes # 0

It wasn't just the password feature I liked but the disposable emails. It's this function that's not working even tho they've taken my money and sent me a new license number. I can only assume the site is running on auto.

Like this post
poly_perkins

Likes # 0

I had a problem over a year ago when I renewed my license number for the disposable email address, problem was I had already renewed it as a result of a reminder about a month earlier, so I had effectively renewed it twice. Each time I contacted them I was asked to give the serial numbers that appeared in the "help about" of course they were all valid and they just could not or would not understand that I would not need more than one license for this function. They refused to refund me £12.50 and that started the end of my love affair with them. They claim 32,000,000 that's 32 million shipped or downloaded. A lot of money for them to get pickey about £12.50. I too liked the disposable email function but you know Yahoo have the same function if you want to look into it and you might want to investigate keepass too.

Like this post
poly_perkins

Likes # 0

If you paid for the disp email function via paypal you can institute a complaint procedure but if you paid for it by credit card you should contact them and get them to request a refund - It's worth making a nuisance of yourself.

Like this post
charliep

Likes # 0

Thanks Poly_Perkins I might just do that. I can keep the signup feature going as that licence doesn't need renewing, but I've got numerous email addresses I can't manage. Most annoying.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...