We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sir James.

Phil Ocifer
Resolved

Likes # 0

I see Sir James Savile OBE is getting a posthumous revival.

Will these allegations get anywhere, or will they just become a platform for people to air their gravest suspicions?

Why did nobody come forward whilst he was alive?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I'm in agreement with you.

I have now read several of the cases, published on-line. Some of these would definitely qualify as rape and it appears that their youthful appearance was a contributing factor.

As I said earlier, should he be proved that he sought out under-aged girls, then the law should take whatever retribution it can.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"should he be proved that he sought out under-aged girls, then the law should take whatever retribution it can."

Which is none. The man involved is dead - he's beyond the reach of the law. Technically speaking, if it could be proved that another person knew about specific offences and did nothing about it, that person might be charged with collusion.

What will happen - already has happened in fact - is that Jimmy Saville's name will henceforth be linked with sexual offences, rather than any of the other things for which he became famous. His reputation has already been ruined forever, although I suspect that the final blow is yet to come, when millions of people watch the ITV documentary tonight.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Previously, the whole "Groupie" thing has been viewed with an element of tolerant amusement, or even pastiche, as in "Almost Famous" and "This is Spinal Tap".

I'm thinking that the time has come for the Entertainment Industry to start cleaning up it's act. My two personal examples were from the 60's, but, from acquaintances in the Industry, I'm told that little has changed and, if anything, some of the Groupies are closer to pre-pubescent.

JS was a mature man when many of the cases, we have been told about, happened and should have known better. But what about today's X-Factor Winning Muso's, apart from Susan Boyle, that is.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I suspect that the final blow is yet to come, when millions of people watch the ITV documentary tonight.

And come it has! Savile was a paedophile, out of the same mould as Gary Glitter. He should have his name removed from the roll of knights of the realm. The man was a disgrace!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?