We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Re swallows & Swifts thread, what about Bats!

Blackhat

Likes # 0

I have lived in the same house in suburban Birmingham for 25 years and usually get the Swifts & Swallows every year but this year I have a cloud of Bats instead.

Never seen a bat around here before, any reason I should get them this year?

The video link might work, poor quality & a bit boring but 1st time using video function on my DSLR.

Video of bats

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

You would need a licence if you proposed to carry out any construction work that might affect a bat roost. You apply to 'Natural England' for the licence, although there's no guarantee that it will be granted. If it isn't granted, and you go ahead without it you commit a criminal offence, and the penalties can be severe - you can go to prison for six months.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Mothers-in-law is the proper grammatical spelling ...I've got a dozen mother-in-law's tongue plants all around my house ... they don't say a 'dickie-bird'.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE - I live in Scotland [that fact is not hypothetical].

PS. I still can't see the Bold/Italic strip above this 'Reply Box' nor the 'Output Box' below.

PPS. I still have not received my present. (Norton 2013 from the beta-test a while back.)

PPPS. May I wish you a speedy and comprehensive recovery.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

The Law about bats applies to the whole of the UK - and to the whole of the EU, come to that.

I have no idea why you can't see those items. It's obviously related to your browser settings in some way, but without a lot more information I can't help - and this thread isn't the place to deal with it anyway.

Everyone else has received their Norton licence as far as I'm aware, and again this isn't the place to deal with that - please email me.

Thank you for your good wishes - much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...