We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Site errors

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Keep getting site errors today and have been unable to post so far, trying again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The Problem I have and as not changed in years, is that it will only fully load Pages with Java Script turned off. Pleas Why is this using 98se or XP home. I had to turn it off to log in to My Posts, it also happens in threads

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

No it ain't. Still taking over 2 minutes to load a page and the word treacle comes to mind .... was it spilled into your servers...;-)

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

After typing the above I clicked post and it sent me to login and after typing in my particulars (which it never seems to remember any more) I got the please wait and after a few minutes the "sorry we can't find the page your looking for" page but amazingly next to my posts I noticed that log out had replaced log in so despite it telling me it couldn't log me in, it actually did. Still terribly slow so I'm packing up and see you all in Bangkok in the next few days.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Simon

Thank you. Rose tints removed!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

So, what's gone wrong now?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Lightening speed this morning.

Thanks.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Site errors are back again, feel more like Jack Nicholson in the film Shining saying that.

Having to post then refresh to get posting to appear.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

The site certainly seems to feel a lot more 'buggy'

What with login problems, very slow response times, clicking on the link to the last posting only to find no posts displayed other than the original one, multiple copies of postings, and the frustration of typing out a lengthy post only to have an error message come up with a posting informing you that an email has been sent to the site admin (not that I ever hear anything about those).

Certainly all these things contribute to me using the site a lot less than I used to, because I can do without the hassle.

WTM

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

The site certainly seems to feel a lot more 'buggy'

What with login problems, very slow response times, clicking on the link to the last posting only to find no posts displayed other than the original one, multiple copies of postings, and the frustration of typing out a lengthy post only to have an error message come up with a posting informing you that an email has been sent to the site admin (not that I ever hear anything about those).

Certainly all these things contribute to me using the site a lot less than I used to, because I can do without the hassle.

WTM

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

For once I was happy to see this topic back. Having just moved back to the far east I was getting concerned that it was either my new but very fast connection or even perhaps some Thai censorship issues that were slowing things down. Happy to see that it is not any of them.

It is however taking me at least 2 minutes to get any pages to change as it constantly seems to get stuck on waiting for IDG.grapeshot.co.ok... whatever that is. On the other hand it has improved in that I am always logged in which was something I always had to keep doing when back home on my PC. As far as was possible my laptop and PC were set up the exact same so why the difference I have no idea, but as the French would say Viva la difference.

Lost a few postings last night as it just kept showing site error which seems to have gone this afternoon, or morning your time.

Off to the gym now to try and get rid of the few extra Tiger beers consumed last night.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made