We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Site errors

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Keep getting site errors today and have been unable to post so far, trying again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I understand about the problems of popularity, and spamming etc., abd maybe I've got my rose tints on again, but I don't recall problems like this before the site upgrade.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Morddwyd,

Before the site upgrade we had half the traffic we are now getting.

We are looking into making the site and the forums more efficient, and we have some developments underway to improve site performance.

Simon

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

The unescapeHtml method was not found.
Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the unescapeHtml method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.

The error occurred in D:/websites/SharedResources/XSiteComponents/tools/SharedFunctions.cfc: line 62 Called from D:/websites/SharedResources/XSiteComponents/service/UserService.cfc: line 404 Called from D:/websites/SharedResources/XSiteComponents/facade/RegistrationFacade.cfc: line 76 Called from D:/websites/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/handlers/Main.cfc: line 202 Called from D:/websites/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/coldbox/system/web/Controller.cfc: line 699 Called from D:/websites/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/coldbox/system/web/Controller.cfc: line 584 Called from D:/websites/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 404 Called from D:/websites/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/Application.cfc: line 112

60 :
61 :
62 : return createObject("java","org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils").unescapeHtml(str); 63 :
64 :

Tried to log onto site earlier and this is all I could get for 20 minutes until I gave up, seems OK now apart from I have to log in every time I visit site.

Is it anything that's wrong from my side?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

No, it's been that way since yesterday, maybe fixed now?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

carver

Had the same problem as yourself about the same time and with the same message but it is working ok now.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the refresh button fixes the problem for me.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

"We are looking into making the site and the forums more efficient, and we have some developments underway to improve site performance.

Simon"

With all due respect I have to ' Oh dear'

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

muddypaws it's not the end of the world and if the improvements work then we all benefit

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

carver

Yes I know. Just a bit of uncalled for ' tongue in cheek' by me. Apologies to Simon.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

From my point of view the site seems to be running good and fast today.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'