We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Site errors

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Keep getting site errors today and have been unable to post so far, trying again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We suffered a DDOS attack on our rackspace server yesterday, and that caused a whole raft of problems.

Things like that can happen without any warning, and they are far from easy to handle. With fingers crossed I'll venture to say that we're up and running smoothly again now.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Condom Ah, Draught Tiger, such Happy Memories. Ever tried Anchor ?

Sorry FE

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

WTM - Agree with you. Strange you don't mention the double posting issue!! LoL

I posted somewhere else that the site is GREAT on mobile, but the PCA App does not have FORUMS but they are available if you use Safari (they are available on the iPhone anyway).

There are a couple of banner ads but they are nowhere as intrusive as on the desktop version.

Thx

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

Still getting site error here as of 20 minutes ago. Also still having to wait 2 minutes for most page changes as it seems to stick on waiting for idg.grapeshot.uk.com

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Tell Me Something NEW

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

As I've replied on the thread over at Tech Helproom we have fixed a couple of things this morning that should help.

Also, our registration-software supplier was doing some maintenance over the weekend, which explains (we hope) the number of login problems.

Regards,

Simon

Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

simonjary

I don't know exactly what they have been fixing as it is still taking me over 2 minutes to change a page. I am also now having to log in again all the time which was as I said earlier the only improvement I have found since moving overseas again and that has gone again.

The forums seem to be almost unusable these days.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

As you're now back in Thailand I wonder if that might be at least a part of the problem. Has our cookie been set on the machine you're using there? It's worth checking, because if it hasn't you'll have to login each time you try to post something.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Just received "Site Errors" on 2 attempts to Post responses to threads.

However, the Site appears to be, otherwise, back to normal.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

I am using my laptop which I brought from the UK and this was working fine before I left. My laptop was set up as close as possible to my main PC. Every other site I am using which is UK based such as BBC news works fine except for PCA. It is now taking at least 4 minutes to go from page one of a subject heading such as this one to page 4. I don't think it has anything to do with my laptop nor my Broadband supplier as I'm getting in excess of 5mbps.

With the time difference in Thailand I am typing this at 3 am which is as quiet as you can get here and still I am waiting. It seems to stick at "waiting for idg.grapeshot.uk.com which I have sent to your people as I have no idea what that is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today