We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Oak tree felled despite protest

Strawballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

I can understand why some local people get upset, but it would be different if they were offering to pay for the maintenance of the tree or any damage it does to the property it's in.

Oak Tree felled

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

It's quite possible that removal of the tree will cause more damage to the properties than leaving it in situ.

The increased water content in the soil could create heave which damages foundations.

I do agree the tree overwhelms the properties

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Tree's can cause all sorts of concerns and possible problems, and sometimes council's and environmentalist can cause far more.

It always pays to know the fall story before reaching a verdict of what is right or wrong. Failing to do so can produce the wrong picture.

I knew a police officer who lost his job, due to a long standing dispute between two neighbours regarding a tree. He chose the wrong person to arrest, and his actions led to his dismissal from the force.

I myself are in a dispute this very moment in time with the local council regarding a tree and one of their tenants, and some property I own. Its being going on for some time now, and the resolution to issues are still very far away. The tree's now been cut down to ground level, but the argument remains as to what lies below ground level, and whose responsibility it as become. The council were going to deal with the matter of removal, but it would appear nowto have become a possible rather large expense for them?.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Tree's roots can cause damage to foundations and sewer systems.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

so what type f tree will they plant? an oak or something else

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'